Thursday, October 9, 2008

I'm taking a poll, DARNIT!

Do you think "DARNIT" is a bad word for a 3 year old?! The other day I overheard Haleigh in Addison's room doing something and she was shouting it repeatedly! It was starting to run together, so I started doubting if I was hearing her right. Eddie walked in the door and I told him to sneak up on her and listen. He said she wasn't saying DARNIT. So, this morning, while getting in the truck, she said it - loud and clear. And just to make sure, I asked her, did you just say DARNIT?! And she said "yes" and smiled so innocently. I told her not to say it anymore - that's a bad word! So, I called Eddie on the way to school and told him the whole story. He said, at least she's not saying the alternative...but I went on about how does she know that word? blah blah blah...I don't say it! All the while, she is overhearing our conversation, obviously, because when I get to school and open the door to get her out - she looks at me and says "SpongeBob says DARNIT!" Well, so far the jury agrees with Eddie. Thanks, SpongeBob - darn you!

2 comments:

hmcninch said...

Better than the alternative

Deb said...

All right well I had to just laugh at your poll. Kimberly if you really think that is all your child will say and honestly I have to agree with Eddie. That really is not that bad of a word. Wait until she goes to school and then you will really hear some crazy words come out of her mouth. As parents it is our job to just reinforce them with positive words. I loved the laugh. To cute.